1/3 Scale Pitts Special ARF
Item ID: GPMA1218 | Retail Price: $549.99Phil's Hobby Shop price: $420.83
Ask us a question about 1/3 Scale Pitts Special ARF
This is the Radio Controlled, Glow Powered, Almost Ready-to-Fly,
Great Planes 1/3 Scale Pitts Special Biplane.
This aerobatic replica of the Curtiss Pitts Special is IMAA legal.
For Intermediate to Advanced Modeler/Fliers.
- Construction: Balsa and plywood.
- Wings: One-piece all wood. Two pieces will be assembled by modeler then cannot be taken apart.
- Covering: Factory applied, heat sensitive Top Flite MonoKote - True Red TOPQ0227 - Black TOPQ0208 - White TOPQ0204
- Cowling: Fiberglass and pre-painted to match the covering
- Wheel pants: Fiberglass and pre-painted to match the covering.
- Canopy: Clear, single with painted frame.
- Landing Gear: Painted aluminum
- Dual Aileron Servos: Giving more control and authority.
- Interplane struts: Fiberglass and pre-painted to match the covering.
- Servo placement: All control surface servos-including the elevator, rudder and dual ailerons are mounted externally near their respective surfaces with short linkages for swift response and more maneuvering muscle.
- Building Time: Ready to fly in only 20-25 hours.
- Warranty Period: 90 days
- One Glow Powered, Almost-Ready-to-Fly Great Planes 1/3rd Scale Pitts Special Biplane with pre-buit and covered wings fuselage and tail assemblies, pushrods, pre-bent painted aluminum main landing gear, steerable tail gear, nylon adjustable engine mount, 4" wheels, spinner, wood servo trays, wing joiners, 24oz fuel tank, and hardware package and photo-illustrated instructions.
- Engine: 1.6-2.7 (26-45cc) 2-stroke OR 2.5 cu in (41cc) gasoline/oil mix OR FT300 (OSMG1250) 4-stroke
- Muffler: Pitts style muffler for scale in-cowl appearance
- Radio: 4 to 6 channel
- Servos: 6-8 FUTM0075 suggested(2 to 4-Aileron, 2-Elevator, 1-Throttle 1-Rudder (1-high speed servo is suggested for the rudder FUTM0102)
- Servo Extension 6": qty. 2
- Y-Harness: qty. 1
- Misc. Items: Glow plug, 1/4" foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.
- Wingspan: 68.5" (1740mm) Top Wing 64.3" (1630mm) Bottom Wing
- Wing Area: 1303 sq in (84 sq dm)
- Weight: 14-16lb (6.35-7.25kg)
- Wing Loading: 25-28 oz/sq ft (75-85 g/sq dm)
- Length: 60" (1524 mm)
- Airfoil: (Fully-Symetrical Bi-Plane
- Center of Gravity:5-5 3/4" Back from the top wing's leading edge
- Control Throws- High Rate Low Rate Elevator: Up & Down:1-5/8 " (40.9mm) 1" (25mm)
- Rudder: Right & Left:2-1/2" (64mm) 1-1/2" (38mm)
Upper Aileron: Up & Down: 1" (25mm) 5/8" (15.9mm)
Lower Aileron: Up & Down: 1" (25mm) 1/2" (12.7mm)
Wing Incidence: Stabilizer set at 0°
Bottom wing set at 0°
Top wing set at 0° with some variations +/-
- Pilot shown in picture is not included.
- For a replacement fuel tank of similar size, use GPMQ4112.
- This tank will require enlarging the fuel tank former and other
- possible modifications.
- For flying wires use: GPMA2454
- If modeler overpowers or otherwise increases weight of aircraft over 16 lbs, model performance changes, risks of structural failure are possible, especially if overpowered. At 18 lbs, the model is no longer a pilot-friendly, easy to handle, graceful sport model.
- Weight in box: 8.00 kg (17.64 lb)
- Barcode: 735557012182